3 Day Super Cleanse
It always happens this way. The days after the big party or holiday, I suffer from a bit of indulgence remorse. "Goodness Kim, you almost reached your fitness goal and now you have to start from scratch because you wanted to pig out like food was becoming extinct. Congratulations and go back to start" #epicfail
For me it's all good until everyone else starts to unveil their gluttony alter egos. Take it from me when I say that peer-pressure will keep you down. The pre-party pep talk about how I would nibble on small plate slowly, fix my self a veggie plate to avoid too many carbs, and sip on one cocktail for the night so as to salvage all the hard work I've been putting in at the gym all goes straight out the window I spot the mounds of food my friends and family are piling on their plates. With my family it's like a contest to see how much food can be stuffed on one plate and how fast you can eat it in order to start Round two. Seriously, it's like a badge of honor when you can say "Oh, I am on round two... you better catch up." You get bragging rights.
..and the smells, they are hypnotizing. The sauteed onions, stuffed turkeys, and glazed hams are the first class seat on my will power's flight to hell.
I can never resist. Before the night is over I've devoured 5 plates of holiday goodness, taken back 4 grey goose cocktails, nibbled on 3 pieces of pie, and gained 2 inches of belly fat.
It's never good.
This year I decided to turn my post holiday super cleanse into a pre-holiday cleanse. I am going to pre pare my body for the failure-to -resist-temptation downfall that's bound to happen. Why not set myself up to win. Take control ...
In the 3 days before the holiday. I am going to up my workout regimen and send my metabolism into overdrive. This will at lease reduce some of my post holiday gluttony guilt and also make my recovery a bit easier.
The following is a 2-3 day cleanse that always gets my metabolism going, increases my energy levels, and cleanse my body of the toxins that got me feeling down. It can even aid in weight loss too!
THINGS YOU NEED
- 3 types of dark green leafy vegetables. Kale, Chard, Collards, Spinach, or whatever dark green you can get your hands on.
- Jalepeno Peppers
- Water, water, water
- Romain Lettus,
- Any kind of vegetables that you can eat raw (in case you get hungry)
- or anything else you can think of.
THE RULES OF THE CLEANSE
Please follow these rules for 2 or 3 days that you decide to do this cleanse
Things to Eliminate
- NO DAIRY PRODUCTS
- NO ANIMAL PRODUCTS
- NO COOKING AT ALL
- NO SUGAR (no splenda, no stevia, no sweet n low, no brown sugar...no sugar at all) which means no fruits other than the orange and grape fruit that is going in your juice)
- NO ALCOHOL or WINE
- NO PROCESSED FOODS AT ALL (nothing in a box, bag, container, or any kind of packaging). If you eat it you must be able to get it from the earth.
THINGS TO EAT/DRINK
- One 4-6 oz cup of HOT WATER with squeezed lemon juice in it EACH MORNING and EACH NIGHT before bed
- 8 oz of cool/warm water EVERY HOUR on the hour throughout the day (do this for at least 8 hours)
- 5 Glasses (8 oz) of SUPER CLEANSE JUICE (recipe below) thought the day. One for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and two other times thoughout the day.
- When/If you get hungry you can either drink more super cleanse juice OR eat some RAW (meaning not cooked at all) vegetables. You can make a salad with all raw vegetables (no salad dressing but you can squeeze lemon or vinegar over the salad).
SUPER CLEANSE JUICE RECIPE
- 1 Orange
- 1 Kale Bunch**
- 1 Jalepeno
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Grapefuit
- 1 Romain Lettuce Stem
- 1 Chard leaf **
** you can substitute these items with any DARK DARK green vegetable you might have.
Instructions.Cut each item into pieces suitable for your blender. Add a few cubes of ice if you want it chilled. Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. You might have to add more produce if you are using a juicer.
For an extra nutrient punch. ADD Flax seeds, protein powder, or chia seeds. These will make you feel more full too!.
Post pictures of you juice to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, using hashtag #KIMf #kimfitness
WATCH ME MAKE THE JUICE BELOW